Monday, March 28, 2011

Finally, a Bassist!

Well, we found ourselves a bassist. As you can see, his name's Chris. He's from our church. We haven't gotten the chance to have him over for a band meet yet, but hopefully we'll be able to soon.
Now all we need is a drummer.
I haven't been able to write as much lately because of school, but I have a few ideas going.
I was actually thinking of postponing any further rehearsals until after my symester ends. Then I'll have much more time to dedicate to writing my music.
I have one song that is just about done. I just have to work out little kinks in the lyrics. As soon as I finish it, I'll probably post it on the blog.
I started a new one a while back. It's going to be very guitar-heavy with a few dissonant chords on the piano. It's probably my darkest-sounding song yet. I haven't gone particularly far with it yet, but I think that it's one of my better ones.

I also figured out how many rock singers manage to sing so high. They kind of combine yelling and singing. It's pretty cool actually. I tried it out the other day when no one was home (I don't like to sound like a dying animal with my family in the house), and figured out how to do it relatively quickly. The only thing is, I don't have all that much control with the notes above my normal singing range. Oh well. Nothing a little practice won't fix.

Well, hopefully we'll be up and running soon. I can't wait to get my music out to the population!
Until next time,
Timothy

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed reading the posts on your blog. I would like to invite you to come on over to my blog and check it out. God bless, Lloyd

    ReplyDelete