Monday, March 21, 2011

Second rehearsal

Well, we had our second rehearsal yesterday. We didn't get all that much done, since Shannon couldn't make it. We did start working on one of Josh's songs, and we worked on Josh's guitar part for Arise.
It's not going all that smoothly yet, but it will be soon hopefully. My focus for the next rehearsal is to write some lead parts for Banana.
I also got inspiration for two new songs, one I already had piano for, and the other just came to me out of the blue. Strange how these things happen. The first one is probably the one I'm going to put vocals to first, and probably the first one of our songs I'll be posting.
I also had the bright idea that I should buy a Korg Kronos with 88 keys (the number of keys on a piano). It looked like a really good synthesizer. It couldn't cost more than $800, right.
Yeah.... Try $3,799. Unless I manage to win the lottery, I am not going to be able to afford that anytime soon.
Songwriting's hard, but hey, nothing worth doing is ever going to be easy. I just can't wait to get our music out into the world.
Until next time,
--Timothy

No comments:

Post a Comment