Sunday, March 13, 2011

First Band Meet....

Well, JLY had its first official band meet today. Though we haven't found all of our members yet (a drummer and bassist are still needed), the rehearsal went pretty well.
We worked mainly on two songs that I wrote. For the first one, Fade (working title), I had almost half of the piano figured out, and almost all of the vocals. The lyrics are also pretty close to done. Shannon figured out a keyboard part for it, and Banana started working out a lead part. Banana and I taught Josh the Rhythm part I had written for the intro.
The second one, Arise (working title), went very well. I have almost the whole piano part worked out, and I have some of the guitar worked out already. Banana started working out a little bit of the lead, and I showed Josh some of the rhythm I had worked out.
Overall, it went very well for a first band meet. I'm hoping that we can work on some of Shannon's compositions next time.
Oh, and for all of you who know me, Banana is my sister. Now that we have two Shannons in our group, I refer to my sister as Banana.
Well, hopefully we will be rehearsing again next Sunday.
That's all for now!

2 comments:

  1. good luck with your band thing! i'm still watching for you guys on itunes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed reading the posts on your blog. I would like to invite you to come on over to my blog and check it out. God bless, Lloyd

    ReplyDelete